Sunday, January 17, 2016

So I Gave Notice Yesterday

I’ve run and re-run the figures. It looks like everything is set financially for me to have my last full-time working day on February 5, 2016. I have enough vacation days to get me through April 11, 2016. Our bonuses are to be dispensed April 1 so I should still get my bonus. Also HR said I will have full medical benefits for the entire month of April, which is excellent seeing as how our premiums will skyrocket on the new plan. 

So yesterday I composed an email stating exactly when I would stop working and when my vacation days would run out, etc. I ran it by my mentor and friend. Everything looked good. 
When I got ready to send to my manager, I hesitated when I hovered over the Send button. “Are you sure you want to do this,” that little voice in my head said. A few seconds later, Yep. I pressed send. Can’t take it back now.

I was only a little nervous. I think Mr. NaD was more nervous than I was when I told him. LOL.

Well, that was yesterday. My manager forwarded it to his boss for approval. He came in the office today and said she didn’t have a problem with my proposal. Woot!

“This is actually happening,” I keep thinking. It feels like Christmas when I was a little kid. 
So I am definitely set to retire from full-time work in about three weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment