Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Amazon

So we got a call the other day from a vendor at the RV show we went to in Houston. We won two tickets to the Grand Canyon train! That's was nice. Then a few days later we got a call saying we had won a $250 GC to Camping World. Rock on. There are some things we've been wanting but don't really need for the trailer like a solar charger for the trailer's battery. It paid off stopping at every booth and filling out their raffle tickets. Can't wait to go shopping now.

                                                           ~~~

Southwest Airlines is now allowing passengers to pay for in flight entertainment and wifi via Amazon

I have an Amazon credit card that pays 3% for purchases made at the Amazon website. So if this takes off for Amazon and Amazon expands this type of service, then we may be able to pay with the Amazon card through Amazon for a lot more things! That would be awesome. 

I get 5% back on groceries and 3% back on gas with my American Express card. I get 2% on everything else with the Citi card except Amazon purchases made with the Amazon card. I've found that stand alone stores sometimes have a store front on Amazon with their wares at the same price. So paying through the Amazon site instead gives me an extra percent back. 

I'm learning about online portals so when I figure them out, that should be another percent back or so depending on the portal. 

So if Amazon expands their service into areas I'm interested in, we will have the potential for earning 4%+ back on items where we are now only getting 2%. Fist bump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment